I've mentioned one of my closest friends is currently expecting, and they just found out it's a boy! I admit a teensy bit of disappointment because I was hoping for a partner in crime for Sweet'ums, but a boy is going to be a blast. He's going to be beautiful, I just know it.
And, of course, a new baby means making a new quilt. I'm thinking of making something a bit bigger than a crib blanket so he can use it longer, so maybe 60" square. I think I've got a block pattern picked out (the 2 by 4 block at that link), so now I just have to choose fabrics.
In some ways it should be easy enough. They're doing the nursery in brown and blue with teddy bears. This is great! Teddy bears are generic enough to be easy to locate, and the colors are pretty trendy right now.
The challenge for me is going to be finding fabrics that are masculine enough to use for a boy blanket. Being female, and having a daughter, I'm drawn to fabrics that I would use for her. Finding non-floral prints for a boy should be an interesting challenge and hopefully I'll be able to pull this off.
I'm also excited to announce that today, my daughter went to Poppy (my dad) and told him she wanted to sit on the potty. So he put her on the potty and she sat there for a little while. Finally he thought she was "done" so he took her off and put her diaper back on. Just a little while later she had a dirty diaper. This might seem like defeat, but I'm excited that she noticed the urge and connected it to sitting on the potty, and even more excited that she actually told someone!
So this is a good day for me. We've got a new quilt in the works and maybe, just maybe, my child will one day decide that going potty like a big girl is worth the effort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She will, she will! She'll get it one day. And every little step is one step closer, you're right.
Blue and brown and teddy bears sound precious -- perfect for a boy. I'd love to see pictures of the quilt once you get it going.
Tell your friends Congrats from this boy mom!
Post a Comment