I was going to borrow my friend Patty's idea for posting something every day that I'm thankful for but being me, I got sidetracked. So, I thought it would be almost as good to post seven things once a week. It still adds up to one per day lol. Maybe I'll still try one per day, but I have to get past this post first. I think I'll do this count-down style, since Thanksgiving is on the 25th and that makes for a nice, tidy little list.
25. I'm thankful for all of you!
This one might seem silly, but you guys give me so much encouragement and I'm very thankful for you all! I'm a bit nosy too so it's neat to get a glimpse into the lives of other people and see how they handle the things life throws at them.
24. I'm thankful for my cats. Without them my life would be much simpler, my sleep much sounder, my couches much more intact, and my feet much, much colder. They annoy me and I love them for it.
23. I'm thankful for a house full of toys. Sure, I've nearly broken my neck a dozen times tripping over them, and just today I got this tiny, deep, nasty little bruise right on the bottom of my foot because of a teensy little piece on a toy that I managed to step on, but all of those toys represent the people in Sweet'ums' life who love her and want her to have all these things that they walk through the store (or, sometimes their homes) and see that make them think of her. Also, all of these toys remind me of the sweet girl I have for without her there'd be no need for them.
22. I'm thankful for good neighbors. I've written a lot about the less-than-good ones lately and even a bit of negative stuff about one of my good ones, but what I fail to mention is how anytime I have a problem and my neighbor finds out she drops everything to pray about it. She's a strange one sometimes but she and her husband are blessings.
21. I'm thankful for new house phones! It's wonderful to have a conversation lasting longer than eight minutes and you don't realize how much for granted you take something like chatting on the phone until it starts giving you trouble.
20. I'm thankful for my friend who shows up unexpectedly to spend time with me while we wait for our husbands to get off work and my friend who calls me from Texas routinely because even though she's not present in body, she'll always be my wild only-child-sister at heart. I'm thankful for and amazed at how both of these girls and their families love me and mine just the same as if I was born to them and not just chosen in high school. Some people simply walk through our lives, but some walk with us, and I'm thankful for them.
19. I'm thankful for blue kisses. Or green kisses. Or even orange ones, or whatever color candy she's been into behind Mommy's back. They make my day and warm my heart when I need it most.
I hope everyone's Sunday is beautiful and cool and safe. See you all back in the blog world tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel the same way when I see toys all over!!! & spills & messes :) Boy made a huge mess today (well 2 of them but )...the toothpaste smeared all over the bathroom floor made me smile as I was cleaning it up (& after I gave him his consequence)
The colored kisses made me smile! & I liked hearing about your good company in friends, bloggers, neighbors & cats :) Hope you guys had a great weekend!
Post a Comment