Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School, Back to Normal

Today my baby started school. School technically started yesterday but due to the inability of one person to do her job correctly (for more information please see my two most recent posts over at Little Froggy) Sweet'ums didn't get to go. So today was a new day for us both.

It's been a long week. Long two weeks, really. Week before last was full of drama and this past week was just tiring. Nothing would go right and Sweet'ums was a total butt about everything. Mom is out of town so I didn't really have any back-up. Actually, considering the whole situation with the bus, maybe it's good Mom wasn't in town. Things would have still been resolved but probably with a lot more bloodshed and bail money. She doesn't take dealing with the school board lightly. (And for those out there who were unfortunate enough to have either been born without a sense of humor or to have had it surgically removed, the previous statement was a joke, not some kind of oddly vague threat)

I'm tired. Oh, so very tired. I'm happy too though. Sweet'ums got on the bus today without hesitation and the fact that I didn't have to see her get hauled off screaming and crying makes me feel better. Having some peace and quiet and time to myself makes me feel good too. It's been too long (about two weeks lol) and I needed some quiet.

Those of you who have never had to deal with special needs kids have no idea what you're missing.

So go over to Frog Blog and check out the bus ordeal. It's quite epic--sure to rival Iliad and The Odyssey for future generations. I'm just proud of myself for not hurting anyone.

Fill me in on how school is going for all of you. Have a great week!

No comments: