Friday, October 30, 2009

I hate this

My brother got hurt at work today. And though his story paints it as a fairly innocent accident, I can't help but wonder whether his girlfriend had something to do with it. People at work talk about how he goes on breaks every five minutes to check his phone to see what new texts his high school age girlfriend has sent him, and sends her texts back even in the middle of the school day. I can't help but wonder if she sent him a message and he was distracted while using the bone saw at work.

I can't stand this girl. I won't go into too many details, but more than anything else I hate the anger she brings out in me. She's so dumb and presumptuous. She claims she just wants my family to like her, and yet she does so many things that render her unlikeable! For example, she got mad that my brother came to my daughter's birthday party and that he didn't give her enough notice (mind you they'd only been dating like two months!) so instead of dealing with the issue in private, she kept him occupied with his stupid cell phone the entire time we were at the park. Literally, we might have had his attention for fifteen whole minutes out of the four hours of the party and six hours we were there as a family. How am I supposed to like this girl? It has nothing to do with her not being good enough... I've liked most of his past girlfriends (until they broke his heart, but what sister wouldn't dislike people who hurt her little brother?) and this is the first I've actually had real issues with. I can't stand this girl, and I especially hate how she impacts how I feel.

Ugh. I have a headache from all this. He's ok, and I'm glad about that--he was using a bone saw and the injury could have been way worse. But I can't help but wonder whether there was a lot more to this whole story than meets the eye.

No comments: