Thursday, October 22, 2009

Workin for the weekend

Thanks, Melinda and Wolfie, for stopping by recently. Very sweet of you guys!

I don't remember if I mentioned it before but we recently came into possession of some tadpoles. They weren't very young, and some of them already had back leg nubs, so this week has been a flurry of froggy development. We now have one who has all of his legs and is climbing up the side of his enclosure, and is tail is nearly gone. Soon the others will follow. My cats have had a blast with the tadpoles, just as we have. They'll tap on the side of the container and then chase the tadpoles that start swimming around. Sweet'ums loves watching them as well, but isn't nearly as aggressive with stirring them up.

After today I'll have my husband home for seven days, and I'm so excited! We already have preliminary plans to spend a little time with Sweet'ums instead of our normal date and I think it'll be a lot of fun.

This petting zoo is wonderful. We used to go as kids (well, NG hasn't, but that's part of why I'm planning on us going!) and it was always a lot of fun. Since NG got some overtime last week this paycheck has a little extra on it, so if we pay all the bills and get our groceries and still have some left, then we'll see about having some fun! This coming week is supposed to be rainy but this weekend is looking like it'll be clear and beautiful! I'll take lots of pictures.

1 comment:

Blessed Beyond said...

Glad NG will be home for a bit with yall! I know you are excited!! Yall have some fun!