I've mentioned a couple times the painful gas spells I've been getting at night and how we really didn't know what was causing them. I would have them for a couple nights and then have a night or two free of them. Then, over the last week or so, they seemed to get worse and last longer. Which brings us to Tuesday.
Tuesday morning I woke up after only being in bed half an hour with pain. I got on up and sat in the chair in the living room but finally had to get Nice Guy up. I felt so awful. It only got worse as time went on. By 4AM I was throwing up. Bear in mind that that was the first time in almost four years I've thrown up. So this goes on until almost 7AM and the whole time we're debating whether to go to the hospital or wait for our clinic's urgent care center to open. Finally we opted for Urgent Care since they'd already have access to my medical records.
So we loaded up and went to Urgent Care so we'd already be there when they opened at 8AM. I was taken back just shortly after we got there and got checked in and everything. We had to wait a few minutes to see the doctor, but not too long. When he came in he asked me a couple questions and announced that he thought it was my gallbladder and that he wanted some blood work and an ultrasound. So, off I go to get poked and prodded.
The ultrasound was interesting. We didn't even need an explanation to know that we saw a stone.
So off we went back down to Urgent Care. They got in touch with a surgeon who wanted a HIDA scan done so we waited an eternity for that. Once that was done they sent us back to U.C. where the doctor told us he wanted the removal surgery done right away. So after a lot of run-around, it was decided that they'd admit me that night and do the surgery at 7 the next morning.
So yesterday morning they took me back and in less than an hour they had me in recovery. I spent my day vegging out and trying to rest. At one point I fell asleep with a cup of hot tea in my hand and sat that way for nearly an hour. Needless to say, Nice Guy thought that was pretty funny. Late last night they released me so now I'm sitting at home, popping Vicodin every six hours and just trying to not wear myself out too much. The funny part is that, even with all the pain, my stomach still feels better.
There's just one thing that troubles me. The surgeon said that this should resolve most, if not all, of my stomach issues, which implies to me that even my diarrhea that I've had since Sweet'ums was born could easily have been tied in with this. My problem is this: if it's been my gallbladder since Sweet'ums was born, why in heaven's name didn't my primary check it out? It was so much easier than having the colonoscopy/endoscopy that he wanted done. Way less invasive, more conclusive, and way cheaper. I'll be finding myself a new primary, that's for sure. I won't continue going to a doctor who doesn't show a sincere interest in my good health.
So, that was my week so far... How was yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my..I hope u are feeling better..! Do take care ya..
Post a Comment