So it's been an eventful two weeks but things are slowly and surely getting back to normal. My Sweet'ums is back home again after a weekend away and I fully expect after my appointment on Wednesday that I'll be cleared for all of my usual parental duties. So tonight I'm settling in for what I expect to be a quiet week with the family.
For all of the ease of recovery I've had, I admit that the hard part has been where my daughter is concerned. Sweet'ums isn't much of a huggy/kissy kid with me like she is with her daddy. With me, she's a snuggler. She wants me to pick her up so she can lay on my shoulder or sit in the big chair with her at night while she falls asleep. Unfortunately I'm supposed to not pick up anything heavier "than a bedroom slipper" according to my doctor and my sweet child is far heavier than a slipper. So until tonight I've avoided holding her much, even just on my lap (she's all elbows when she sits with you).
Tonight I finally broke down. I put a pillow across my gut and rocked her to sleep. I kid you not, she was out in five minutes flat. All she really wanted was Mommy.
And I know this stuff is bothering her. At MeMe's house she wanted a bandage for Froggy. MeMe made one for him and put it on his leg, but Sweet'ums didn't want that. She was only happy when MeMe put it on Froggy's belly. And when she got home, she inspected my belly and informed me that it was "looking better". So I know this is weighing heavily on her. She's so little and she doesn't understand why all this has happened. She doesn't understand that I miss our nights in the chair just like she does.
I'm healing though. Soon enough things will be like they were before and she'll forget this whole thing happened. And I'll have those little things that let me know that even though her relationship with her daddy is more affectionate, she misses me too when things aren't quite normal.
So how is everyone? Ready for school to start? Leave me a comment and let me know what you're thinking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so impressed with your attitude about everything. I would be such a complainer if I was going through the same thing. Hopefully you are completely back to normal soon and enjoying more time with your daughter.
Glad you are healing!!! That has to be sooo hard! I got all teary reading about Sweet 'ums just wanting to be held by Mama :) Nothing better & sweeter than that! Cute about froggy too...she is caring for another at such a young age! That is sweet!!!Hope you are good!
Hi there! I chose the name becoming butterflies for my preschool. Set up a blog for it yesterday an ran across your blog. I hope to read more
About your journey...
:)
Post a Comment