Tuesday, December 20, 2011

We've come a long way

It was a year ago today that we got two pieces of hard news. One, my uncle lost his battle with cancer on this day a year ago. It was also this day that we were first approached by our daughter's pediatrician about the possibility of autism.

It's been a long, scary journey. She's making a lot of progress but a lot of it is in small things, things that only her teacher and her daddy and I can see. There's still those things that eat at me every day, but in the grand scheme of things those probably won't hurt her as much as they will me. For now I have to remind myself that we've got to help her master the things that will help her before we worry about the things that bother me.

I just wanted to write a quick update. I'll share more later.

5 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I'm so glad your daughter has been making progress. She's a beautiful little girl and I think you're a wonderful mother.

Victoria said...

I really appreciate you saying so! She has come a long way, and even though I still have hang-ups it'll all be okay in the long run. I've got a much better lot in life than many people, if I can just remind myself to be thankful for it. :)

Libbie said...

Wow! What a year...that seems so long ago now! Look at all she has done, that YOU have done to love & encourage your baby girl :) Way to go mama! She'll be okay....she's got you :)

Thanks for your sweet words today too V. I was hoping to put up quite a different post this week. But God's plan is wiser than mine so I will trust Him. We are blessed already & I am blessed by you! Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas :)
Lib

Libbie said...

Just thinking of you so I wanted to swing by & say hello! I hope you guys are having a fun week!

Graywolfie said...

Hi..how have u been..? Happy New Year..!