Monday, September 28, 2009

Sweet'ums at the doctor

Friday was Sweet'ums' two year checkup. She's 34" tall and 30lbs. She cried, but she kept hearing other kids getting shots. She kept telling me, "Owie!" even though she didn't get any herself. The doctor was pretty impressed with her, it seemed, since she behaved well overall and cooperated with him. We told him about her trying to say "necessary" the other day (it came out surprisingly well!) and he got a real laugh out of that.

We took her and got her an ice cream after her appointment but she didn't want it. Apparently last time she had ice cream she got a bad brain freeze and she hasn't forgotten. She refused the ice cream. So MeMe came and got her as a thank-you-for-being-a-good-girl prize. She's had a blast over there, which makes me happy. They've been going for walks and generally causing all kinds of trouble. It's hard for my dad to keep up with the two of them.

NG and I have been cleaning house since Sweet'ums isn't home. I'm not much of a housekeeper so when I get started on cleaning it's a real miracle. I'm not sure how much more I'll get done but at least Sweet'ums will have a nice, clean bathroom and a clean kitchen to run around in. Luckily, her room still stays pretty clean. I probably won't have to fight that battle until she's older.

So that's all I've got for now. Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Glad her appointment went well. What a sweet age. ;0) My son is 9 and he still hates the mere thought of shots. He always begs for the "freezy spray" they use to numb the skin before the shot.

Enjoy every moment of these years ... they'll be gone in a flash.