Things are weird right now. The Metformin is a small miracle in itself--I've only had minor issues with it, and the trade-off is that I feel absolutely incredible. I'm not tired all the time anymore and already my weight is slipping south. My mood has picked up drastically. And this is just on the half-dose! Next week I start the full dose, and I imagine I'll feel even better. I have energy, which is something I haven't had in... Oh, five or six years probably. The result of this energy is me cleaning house a little. The downside to that is that it led me to organize some of Sweet'ums' old baby things, and now I'm a little sad.
The decision to have just one child is one I never thought I'd actually make. And really, I doubt it's one I'll ever be 100% content with. Going through Sweet'ums' things made me so sad, and brought out my pack-rat tendencies. I want to keep everything that has to do with her even though I know I can't. I don't want to give away any of her baby clothes, even though I know I have to eventually. Folding up her little footie pajamas reminded me of when she was just a few months old in her first winter, and the two of us napping in the afternoons in my bedroom, snug and warm. The little orange romper reminds me of when she had the diaper blow-out at the mall and we didn't have a change of clothes with us, so we had to buy her a new outfit so she wouldn't be Little Naked-In-A-Diaper Baby. The dress we bought her for her first Easter, that she wore to NG's sister's wedding, that brought out her pretty blue eyes. I'm overly sentimental and I tend to attach emotional value to objects that I shouldn't. NG and I will keep a few things that really bring up vivid memories--lots of people do that--but no more of her things than I can keep in a little memory box. I have to keep a tight rein on myself or I'll go overboard. But I admit that I miss having a baby around, and I especially miss my Sweet'ums as a baby. It only gets harder as she gets older, but I know we'll survive.
So more than anything today, I'm thankful for my little girl. She lights up my day and gives me a reason to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment