So we're waiting to see what really happens, but it seems that waiting is resolving things on its own. Meanwhile, I have a week to just be "me" instead of "Mommy" and while I love my daughter and my job as her mom it really is nice to just get some stuff done around the house and relax. I'm working on her quilt and hoping to have it done for Christmas (cross your fingers!). I'm doing it by hand so it's very time-consuming, but luckily for me I'm not too bad at it and it's not as slow as it could be.
So this is what I have so far.
It's going to be seven 4-square blocks wide and seven tall, plus a one-block-thick border all the way around in purple, plus another two-wide block of white flannel to match the backing. Each block is eight inches square--each little color square is 4". Right now I'm washing my soft, pretty white flannel so it can go ahead and do its shrinking and I can get it dried (it has to be line dried) and I'm going to get to work. I'm almost halfway done with the front. If I work hard, it'll only take me a couple days to finish the front.
No comments:
Post a Comment