Monday, November 23, 2009

Today

I survived a doctor's appointment and early Thanksgiving with the in-laws today. I'm tired and not feeling so hot but at least we made it.
My testosterone is down even more but my fasting glucose is up. That scares me. So basically my options were start Metformin now, or try my best to diet and exercise and go back in three more months to see if any more progress has been made. I'm already pre-diabetic and if I wait I might end up with full-fledged diabetes, so Metformin it is. I took my first one this evening and so far, so good. Hopefully it won't bother me too much.
Dinner with the in-laws wasn't so bad. Food was good, socializing was good, and even though some people didn't quite seem like their usual selves everyone got along. My pie was dubbed "heaven in a pie crust" and my MIL found, claimed, and ran off with the last piece. Sweet'ums and her cousin played all night and when we took Sweet'ums back to Mom's house she conked out halfway there.
So now I'm home and it's quiet and I'm probably going to work on the quilt some more. Hopefully I can get some progress made now that I'm not due to be anywhere for a few days.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: