Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Potty, maybe

I've felt a little lost lately. I've mentioned in several posts my emotional ups and downs, the things that have frustrated me, and my attempts at keeping my head about me. It really does seem like every few weeks something ambushes us and sets me back in my emergence from this funk. The thing is, this happens pretty much every year around this time. Spring is always rough for me.

Today, though, I have a couple things to be optimistic about.

First of all, the hubby will be getting a bonus at work. Hooray! Who in the world wouldn't be excited about that?

Also, Sweet'ums has asked to sit on the potty four times today. She didn't say she needed to go, only that she wanted to go sit on the "potty seat" and look at her "potty book" (a Wonder Pets book we've designated for potty purposes only) and hold some "potty paper". She asked once yesterday and once the day before, so I'm hoping that this is a good sign. The doctor told us not to push the issue too much (since she's stubborn and he doesn't want her to push back) so we're just taking it easy, but this whole potty training thing has been aggravating! Please pray that this is her way of coming around to our way of thinking. Hopefully this is my little caterpillar making one more step in the process of growing up.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

You'll get through the potty phase, I promise, Victoria! ;0) My boy, especially, was very stubborn so we had "Boot Camp." I stayed home for three days and put him on the potty every 30 minutes. He was completely trained at the end of the 3 days! He was 3 years old and definitely more than ready, so this may not work for you, but at some point -- when you KNOW that she knows how and just won't, "potty training boot camp" might work! ;0)

Saying a prayer today that God will help you kick the funk. I've been there and it's not a fun place to be. You'll get through that too, though. I know it!