Saturday, April 3, 2010
Question for the readers
Has anyone had serious issues with a disrespectful in-laws, or have any advice for dealing with them? I'm so tired of being taken advantage of and having my family's life and schedule completely disregarded. I've tried everything from being the annoyingly sweet and respectful DIL, to ignoring them, to just trying to take things in stride and coping. Nothing has worked, and my MIL has disregarded my attempts at being friendly and taken advantage of the situation for the last time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh no! Sounds terrible! Actually it took my sister in-law about 10 years to like me. My MIL & FIL it took awhile but not THAT long :) Yeah I just made sure I stayed sweet & prayed about it. I really feel bad for you because it really is so hurtful! I don't know your situation but I have heard of some where nothing changed until the the husband talked to his mom & said, we won't be coming around anymore until you can treat my wife well. VERY HARD & I will pray for you today!
Relationship with in-laws are tough...well at least that's how I feel...
My in-laws drop by at least twice a month..during those visits I try my best to be nice & remind myself its b'cos of them that my husband is around...
I'm also praying that I'll like them more & they'll be better in-laws and grandparents..
Post a Comment