About two weeks ago Sweet'ums began to sniffle a little. It quickly turned into a cough, but we didn't worry too much. She hadn't run a fever and she was still playing, and other than being unusually agreeable and Mommy-clingy her personality hadn't suffered for being sick. Then, she started coughing most of the night. We took her to the doctor the Tuesday after Memorial Day, and he said it was just that "thing" that was going around with a lot of kids locally. He told us what to give her (since they pulled all the cold medications off the shelves for kids under 4) and to come back in if she hadn't improved in a week or if she got worse. So we go home and hunker down for a rough few days.
She had another couple rough nights, but then she began to improve. We were so excited. There's nothing as pathetic as a sick baby, and we were happy to see her feeling better.
Then, all at once, it was like those better nights had never happened. The cough got worse during the day and nothing we did at night would relieve it. So today, about ten days after the first trip to the doctor, we called him back.
Turns out it's bronchitis. Nothing too serious, but it's good we went back when we did. He gave her an antibiotic and said to call back right away if she seemed to get worse or if her symptoms changed.
It feels good to know what's wrong and hopefully she'll begin to improve once the antibiotic is in her system good. I'm really proud of her, though. She went almost three years before she needed an antibiotic, which is a heck of a lot better than my brother or I ever managed.
Now all I have to worry about is whether or not NG is getting sick. He's starting to feel bad and I'm not looking forward to taking care of two sick babies while running on no sleep myself.
In other news...
My brother is "officially" engaged. I'm mostly avoiding the whole situation and I almost wish my mom would stop giving me these updates. Let him do what he's going to do... If he messes up, oh well.
My MIL is still up to her antics. It's actually kind of funny, but I'll update more on that another day.
And my MIL Garden is actually hanging in there. I've had one flower on one of my freesias and three of my glads have bloomed, with a fourth getting ready to. I've had two oranges and a pink, and I'm excited to see what this newest one will be. Only one dahlia is hanging in there, so we'll see whether it lasts the summer. I've also got some zinnias started from seed, along with hollyhock and lavender and some assorted seeds I got along with those mini pots from Target. I'm hoping to plant all of these in garden pots so I don't have to contend with the stupid soil here.
So all in all, please pray for my sick babies and for me too, because this is definitely the worst part of motherhood so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment