Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Update on life

I just figured I should update on life...

I haven't called my aunt and cousins yet. First Sweet'ums and I were sick, so I put it off... Now I'm debating whether or not I should bother calling, because my aunt is creating a lot of drama for my mom and her sister, including handing out their phone numbers any time someone calls to complain about the condition my uncle is in. Literally, the other day someone called her to complain about the way the house and my uncle looked, so she gave them my mom's sister's phone number and told them to talk to her. Regardless of whether my uncle's wife is down here or not, she's still his wife and she's still responsible for him. My mom and her sis have already done plenty--they shouldn't be the ones physically responsible for him when he still has a wife. So I really don't know whether or not I will, or should, call.

The zinnias that Sweet'ums and I planted are doing well. They're getting big! I thinned them yesterday and it seems like they exploded overnight.

Today was Sweet'ums' last Mommy and Me class at the gym. Since she turns 3 in September, they've decided to just move her up to the next class when they start back in August. That is really exciting, but for me it's bittersweet. When she moves up I won't be moving up with her--the next class doesn't have parental involvement. She'll start learning "real" gymnastics, which is also exciting and a bit nerve-wracking. I'm trying my best to not let myself get overly worried about her hurting herself--the teacher for her next class is really good about taking care of injuries. He's apparently got talent himself. From what my mom has told me, he was in the process of qualifying for the Olympics when he blew out his knee. The gym has also produced a kid who also nearly made it to the Olympics. So maybe you guys will get to watch my baby on tv one of these days.

NG's granny is still in the hospital, and thanks to the fact that my MIL is the one who disseminates information we can't get a straight answer about Granny's outlook. Honestly, I don't think she's quite as bad as MIL makes her out to be (MIL called us telling NG to consider donating bone marrow...the funny part is that the doctors still aren't clear on if it'll even help) but I think she's on a downhill slide. She's old (past 80) and she's already on chemo. It's taxing her physically.

Last but not least, my uncle's out of the hospital. They keep calling my mom wanting her to do stuff for him and she can't seem to make them understand that she only Baker Acted him to get the state involved to force him to get help. She doesn't have the money, energy, or time to babysit someone who refuses to care for themselves. Physically she doesn't have it in her. And he is, after all, still married, so why don't they call his wife and make her do her part until they actually divorce?

That's what's going on at the moment. I want to post some pictures but I really can't right now while my computer is being this way. I hope things are going well for everyone else.

No comments: