Thursday, April 28, 2011

More Small Blessings

After months of getting little to no sleep, things are finally turning around. Sweet'ums is finally going to bed easier and actually staying asleep at night. I've also figured out that part of her problem has been allergies and, per the doctor's orders, she's been getting Zyrtec (or the generic, rather) each night. I really wish I'd thought to do that sooner.

So in a lot of ways she's like a new kid. She's still hard to figure out and appease but at least she's sleeping better. And, as all moms know, a well rested child is a better behaved child.

Today in the mail we got the notice about her IEP meeting. I'm really dreading it but at the same time I'm looking forward to it. I guess the easiest way to say it is I'm scared. It's a huge change and I don't know what to expect. And on her first day I really want to drive her to school but I don't have a car of my own. No matter how it all works out I imagine her daddy will try to be home for it.

So that's all I have right now. I'll update again soon.

3 comments:

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Hope the meeting goes well. I know you're right -- this early help will really help so you won't be playing catchup later.

Blessings -- let us know how it goes.

Graywolfie said...

Glad to know things (the sleeping part) are improving..

Libbie said...

YAY! sO GLAD YOU GUYS ARE SLEEPING OVER THERE! It sure does make ALL the difference! My kids are ALL little monsters when they don't sleep very much...it is NOT pretty :)

I can't wait to hear how her meeting goes! I am sure it is kinda scary but I hope that you feel very comfortable at the meeting & that you feel good about the decisions made there. here you go! Change is hard but I hope it goes great!