So lately a lot has been happening. We've had a long weekend dealing with a lack of sleep and us passing around a stomach bug, but some good is happening too.
For a couple years now we've struggled to get ready to buy a house. The good news is that we're almost there! Hubby's credit is in range, but the mortgage guy he talked to said to take another couple months to get one more thing in order so we could get a better interest rate and maybe a better mortgage (as a whole). So that is exciting! It's nice to know that we could go RIGHT NOW if we wanted and most likely get it, so waiting a little longer doesn't hurt as much.
The other good thing is that we finally got our copy of the report from Sweet'ums' evaluation. It looks like a pretty solid statement of autism but they want her tested again at a later time to make sure. They mentioned that with her being so young that the evaluation is indicative only of her current level of development and not of her future potential, and hence another reason for her to be re-tested in the future. The final judgment about her services will be left up to the staffing people, so pray that they'll help us out. I'm at my wit's end as to how to help her and I'll be pretty annoyed if I have to fight with insurance to get something done. I know in my heart that if they'll help her now she won't need their help later, but if this gets put off we're looking at a lifetime of playing catch-up. That wouldn't be fair to her.
Overall I'm excited right now that things are finally moving along in all of those areas that seemed stalled for so long. It's actually a little overwhelming, since it's all happening at once. And, mostly I'm thrilled that something's finally happening for Sweet'ums because what happens now might make the difference for her whole life. That's a huge deal to me.
So how are y'all doing out there?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you got a diagnosis, Victoria. Just knowing what is wrong will help you know how to help her. You are a good mom. You'll find your way. Just keeping praying and leaning on God. I will be praying as well. :)
Yay! thing are moving!!!! Very exciting about the house! What fun to be looking forward to that!!! & even better that Sweet 'ums can get moving now with her report in! That waiting was hard! She will probably love the little classes they will have for her! Hopefully you will get some support soon!
Thanks for checking on me too! Bo seems to know that I move slower with Roo in my arms & he has been enjoying that...I gotta do something about that boy before he wears me out :) I find I am actually sleeping more! Taking naps when the boys do & going to bed early...not great for stying in touch with everyone but very good for me :) All these boys are wearing me out! :) Heade to bed very soon :)
Hello Victoria,
How are u feeling..? The stomach bug gone..?
Wow..good to hear that u are getting ready to get a new place..! Sounds exciting..keep us updated ya..!
Nice to know that things are moving for ur girl too..
Well..things are quite messy at my side..both girls were sick in March..& now my elder girl is sick (again..!)..I'm so tired..
Keep us updated on ur news..
Post a Comment