Today is shaping up to be "one of those days". Not a bad day, really, just a very, very long one.
I woke up about two minutes before N.G.'s alarm for work this morning. I turned it off before it sounded and woke him up--let's face it, nobody really likes the sound of an alarm in the morning. I saw him off to work by 5AM and laid down to try to get more sleep.
Unfortunately, the cats would have none of it. Every time I'd almost drift off, they'd come along and beat on my door. Finally, I gave up (around 7:30AM) and decided to just lay and watch TV. Of course, the cats didn't touch my door once after I gave up on sleeping.
At around 9AM I got a call from the billing people at our doctor's office. We've had some trouble with N.G.'s account (Clinic claims we don't have coverage, Insurance says we do, but that Clinic never filed anything) and found out a couple months ago that it was because Clinic had N.G.'s old insurance card on file and failed to get a copy of the new one when it was issued. Mind you, they're supposed to ask at EVERY APPOINTMENT to see your insurance card to check it against the one they have on file. Anyway, the billing lady said that they'd refiled everything with the insurance company and that now it was in Insurance's hands. She said she wouldn't make any promises, however, since Insurance doesn't usually like to pay for claims made over a year ago. She then tells me that N.G. needs to "get on the ball" and call the insurance people. I told her that he's been "on the ball" with the whole thing and has been trying to get each end to do their part, but it's the Clinic and Insurance that keep giving us the run-around.
So by that point it was about 10AM and Sweet'ums was waking up for the day. I got her up and gave her breakfast and she was being her usual sweet self. Mom was supposed to come get her for the weekend (to give me and my wrist a break) after an appointment she had this morning (she's a massage therapist) sometime around 10AM. So I was expecting to hear from her by 11 or so to find out what the plan was.
Noon rolls around and still no word from Mom. Finally, I called her cell since the home phone wasn't being answered. She had to clean the church for a funeral and then she might possibly have another massage lined up for later in the afternoon. Apparently the guy didn't call until she was finishing up with her morning appointment and it was a somewhat last minute thing. The bad part was that he hadn't decided yet whether he was going to get it done this afternoon or wait until after next week. Then, while I'm talking to her, the pastor calls and wants her to help transport a group from ANOTHER church on an outing. The pastor of this other church wants our church to donate our van for their field trip, and of course the pastor was all too willing to plan my parents' weekend for them, as has been done countless times thus far. To top it off, Mom will have to clean the church again tomorrow afternoon following the funeral so it's fresh for church on Sunday. Keep in mind that what she makes cleaning the church is a pittance and they don't pay her any more for any extra trips down to clean after functions, regardless of whose function it was, what it was for, or how much of a mess was left. So now he's trying to tie her up all day Saturday as well.
Then I get a phone call from N.G. He called the insurance people, who say they haven't received anything at all from Clinic. So I had to call Clinic and argue with them again. Clinic lady said to just wait it out, that his file was now showing that everything had been resubmitted AGAIN and that now all we could do was wait.
So a few minutes ago I get a call from N.G. again from work. His parents finally had "the fight." The fight we've been waiting for for over a year. Then, I got another call, saying his mom was giving an Aunt problems and I needed to contact FIL to tell him that MIL was calling Aunt at work and making trouble for her.
UGH!!!! That's what's going on today... And there's more but until I know more about what's going on I'll refrain from saying anything. I'll be grey before my time and as it stands right now, I'm in a lot of pain with my wrist. Seems like the more stressed I get the more my wrist hurts. Hooray!
So I'm gonna go pack Sweet'ums' bag for Mimi and Papa's house and try to chill out. Finally Mom gave up on her second appointment so I'll be child-free for a night of peaceful slumber. I'll miss my baby but this also leaves me free to go get the SIL if things get too bad at the in-laws' house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment