This Sunday is beautiful. It's lovely outside, aside from being horribly hot, and other than the noise from the jets overhead it's also very quiet.
Much of the family stuff has been sorted out. The in-laws are back at home and tolerating each other, but it's out there now that EVERYONE knows what MIL is up to and that she needs to stop acting like she's being so crafty keeping it from people. She's also been told to stop calling family and blaming other people for her getting caught in her sins. It's understood that she is to leave as soon as she has a job.
I spoke with FIL regarding SIL being worried that her mother will try to, in essence, kidnap her and her sister from their dad. He's writing up a letter for me and N.G. and getting it notarized so that if MIL tries to take the girls against their will we can go to the sheriff and act as proxies for him in effort to retrieve the girls. The SIL I'm most concerned for is also almost an adult, so soon I won't have to worry so much. But it'll be nice to have something in-hand, so that if something happens I can do everything in my power to help her.
Sweet'ums got hurt at my mom's last night. She was sitting on the bed with my mom and Mom was about to get her ready for a bath. When she went to reach for Sweet'ums, the young'un flipped herself around to escape and fell right off the bed. Her forehead caught the corner of my mom's sewing box and it scratched her eyelid. Mom called me last night to warn me that Sweet'ums might have a black eye and to ask if I thought she should take her to the hospital. I trust my parents' judgment and they really didn't think it warrented medical attention. So they did the checks for concussion and kept her up later to make sure she was alright. But Sweet'ums was easily distracted and more than happy to play so I doubt she was really hurt. When she's hurt it's nearly impossible to distract her from it. She took a sippy cup, and played in the bath, and seemed to be just fine. And today she's been her usual self, so I'm not too concerned. Mom says her eye is slightly bruised but doesn't look as bad as she expected. I'm kind of anxious to see it. I'll take a picture--gotta record the kid's first shiner.
Mom feels bad that Sweet'ums always seems to get hurt at her house but I've tried explaining that there's more to get hurt on there, and that I'd almost rather her get hurt over there. Mom handles emergencies better than I do and my dad is excellent in a crisis. They handle her injuries far better than I can. Besides, she gets into more there, and spends more time outside and being rough-and-tumble there than she does at home, so of course she's more prone to injury there. But if the worst she gets growing up is a shiner, then she's doing pretty good. I think Mom's biggest concern is that eventually something will happen and I'll blame her. But as long as she's doing her best to look after Sweet'ums while she's in her care, I know that accidents can happen and Mom shouldn't be blamed.
So I'm resting now. My arm was in so much pain by the time I got home yesterday and I'm really not sure what the source of the pain was so I'm going to take it easy. I'm not going to stay on the computer long, so this is goodbye for now. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment