Saturday, April 18, 2009

Introductions

Hi, I'm Victoria, age 22. I've been married to Nice Guy, age 24, for three of the most wonderful years of my life. I have a daughter, Sweet'ums, who is almost 19 months old. They bring out the best (and sometimes the worst) in me, and I love them dearly.
I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance. I'm kinda freaked about it, but so far I've taken it pretty well in stride. We're making changes to our life as a family but mostly it's on me to make the changes that will help me to get healthy again. This is a tall order, and sometimes it gets me down. Mostly that's only on nights like tonight, when I'm home alone and have way too much time to think. I probably wouldn't have mentioned it on this brand-new blog, but I have a feeling it's going to be a recurring theme in my posts and figured I'd go ahead and put it out there.
So about my family... Nice Guy works swing shift, so sometimes he works nights, sometimes he's on days, and sometimes he's off. He works 12 hours at a time so night shift is a really long and lonely time for me. The baby goes down for bed for the night just a few hours after he leaves for work, so that leaves me a long night of thinking to do. That's usually when I do my blogging. Sweet'ums is a silly girl, loves to talk and dance and adores animals. She's a total ham. She does everything she can to make me laugh when she thinks I'm being too serious. It's one of my favorite things about her, along with the way her hair curls when it's humid and the little half-dimple in her right cheek.
And me... I was an English major in college. I got married halfway into my sophomore year, and stuck around for another year before getting pregnant and leaving college. Pregnancy wasn't the reason I left, but it was convenient timing. Since then I've been a stay at home wife and mom. I'm not sure whether I'll go back. College costs so much and I really can't say that I learned anything that my very thorough high school teachers hadn't already taught me. I plan to homeschool Sweet'ums if at all possible, and I enjoy watching her learn every day.
So that's a brief rundown of who we are. I know I'll think of more later but for now, that'll have to do. I'll work on getting this blog up and running and hopefully, soon, it'll be worth stopping by.
Hope everyone has a great night.

No comments: