Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Today wasn't a bad day. We got together with my parents to pick up Sweet'ums and went to lunch with them. It was a good day, overall.

The best part came when we got home, though. My mom and dad got Sweet'ums a Cabbage Patch Doll for her first birthday (eight months ago!!!) and we decided to wait to give it to her. She's finally showing signs that she needs a baby doll (mainly, she feeds her sippy cups to her froggy and treats it like a baby) so we brought it out tonight. And she fell in love.



She's a natural mommy. She's never been around little babies and hasn't seen them being cared for, but she naturally seems to know what to do. She's sooo worried that her baby's bottle doesn't have anything in it, but tries to feed the baby anyway. She wanted to do "Little Piggie" with her baby's toes, and tried putting her shoes on her baby. She tried to change her baby's diaper but I picked the baby up while Sweet'ums was playing with the diaper, and she got distracted. Tonight, when she went to bed, she took her baby with her.

The really funny part was that Nice Guy asked her where babies came from. So she stuck out her belly as far as it would go and started squishing it and saying "baby". I have no idea where she picked that up--there's no one close to us who is pregnant, and she doesn't watch that kind of thing on TV. But it was hysterical.

So for Mother's Day, the best gift I got was feeling like I'm doing a good job. She's trying to nurture her baby and it makes me feel like maybe she's getting the right message from me and Nice Guy. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

No comments: