Lately I've been really grumpy. Circumstances and events have me emotional in so many different directions it isn't even funny--laughing and crying and angry and apathetic, all in one moment. I haven't been a particularly pleasant person, for my family or anyone else.
So I'm trying again. I get in a funk and have trouble getting out, but slowly I'm dragging myself out of this one. So to help, I'll try to only say positive things.
Sweet'ums is soooo cute! She loves her new baby and tries to take care of it like one would a real baby. She rocks it and talks to it and tries to do Little Piggies on the baby's toes. She's constantly trying to feed it, which I guess says something about my family's relationship with food. The other morning when Nice Guy went to get her up her diaper was soaked, and she was very carefully trying to change her baby's diaper. She's very good at imitation and playing pretend. And I still can't get over this wonderful feeling I get when I watch her pretending to be Mommy.
I'm still losing weight, so I'm very pleased about that. I think partly it's the birth control (doc hoped it would lower my testosterone and, as a consequence, my weight), partly the stomach trouble that my birth control aggravates, and partly the diet that we're trying to incorporate into our lives. We're getting better at it, but it's always hard to eat properly when your resources are limited and cheap food is bad for you. I've really got to start going to the gym now that my wrist is fairly well healed, because that's really going to help the weight loss and getting-in-shape process. But at least it's not too discouraging... I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere with this.
The low points for the week are that NG has an earache, but at least he's a sweetie about it. I just hate that he isn't feeling well, especially with an earache. The other thing is that the house we were looking into isn't at the other end of our road (and hence, in a better area) but is, in fact, just around the corner from where I live now. So the place itself is nicer, but the neighborhood is no better. So we're torn about what to do, because it's a good opportunity for home-ownership, but we don't want to stay around here either. But I'm not going to gripe about it... Just filling everyone in after the last post about daycare and jobs.
So I guess that's all for now. I've got to go start supper and tend to my sweetie. Soon Sweet'ums will be up from her nap and then I'll have my hands full with the two of them. So good night and I hope everyone's having a good week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment