I realized that I hadn't given an update recently on the things that have been happening with us, outside of the whole extended family drama thing. So here's what's up:
--I've lost about thirteen pounds and a bra cup size (or possibly one and a half). My wrist is acting up again but I haven't been back to the doctor yet for it. I've also felt very overwhelmed lately, but unfortunately, that's life. I'm spending time at the doctor again to figure out a little problem I'm having, and the simpler stuff seems to have been ruled out so I go next week for an ultrasound and Round 2. The doc doesn't seem to be too worried, but says it might take a little while to resolve it, but we're trying.
--Nice Guy finally got some of the health insurance stuff straightened out so that he can go back to his normal doctor. We'll see whether it resolves completely or if we have to keep fighting it. He has also matched me pound-for-pound in regards to weight loss.
--Sweet'ums is talking up a storm and loves to give yes and no answers, chatting on her phone, and mimicking everything we say. She's an excellent "mommy" to her babies and has continued to amass an army of stuffed animals. Potty training is hit-or-miss, but we're getting there. She's quite adept with video games (only clean ones, I won't let my baby play anything that might damage her little mind) and loves to sit with her daddy while he plays. Lately, all she has wanted to eat is the beef and vegetable soup my mom and I make, but that's ok--it's fairly well-rounded. She's quite a girly-girl, and knows what she wants to wear and when. She's actually got a pretty good sense of style. She loves cell phones and wanders around the house with her old, dead one and chats away on it with Mimi. The other day she copied me pacing back and forth in the living room and kitchen talking on her phone. She's got this cute little preppy-punk thing going on with her hair--it's a little shaggy, curls up at the ends, and parts naturally on the side. She looks more like an elementary schooler (and sometimes even a teenager!) than she does a toddler, and that scares me. She loves to shake her little booty when she dances, and she'll do "the twist" with us sometimes if we ask her to dance. Her favorite thing in the world is to make people laugh, and that's probably one of my favorite things about her.
So that's where we are right now. I'm gonna go enjoy some quiet time while Sweet'ums is down for a nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment