So I've kind of been fretting lately about what to do for Sweet'ums' birthday. I really wanted to do what we did last year, but the money just isn't there for it. So I've been plotting and planning and trying to figure out what to do.
She has boy cousins and girl cousins, and obviously young boys and girls are into very different things and can both be hard to please all at one time. I also worried about the weather, as Sweet'ums has a September birthday and the weather here is rather unpredictable that time of year. There's many indoor options, but most are either too expensive or too old for her age group (she'll only be 2 this year) or they're places that I wouldn't subject to the behavior of this wild group of kids.
Finally, after much pondering, it hit me.
A teddy bear picnic.
It's a pretty gender-neutral theme and should be pretty inexpensive to throw together. Finger sandwiches, cake or cupcakes and some ice cream, all under a pavillion at the park. The weather could still be an issue, but we might just have to take that chance. I can make my own invitations, and fortunately the group of kids we're dealing with don't expect party favors.
So what do you think? I'm kind of excited--I think Sweet'ums will really enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment