Saturday, August 15, 2009

What does a girl have to do to get some sleep around here?

We had a rough night with Sweet'ums last night. She refused to sleep, choosing instead to lay awake in her bed all night chatting away. I'm not sure if she was talking in her sleep, or what she was saying or who she was saying it to. The pattern of her talking made it seem like she was awake, because she'd stop for fifteen minutes or so every now and then like she'd fallen asleep. Tonight I'll stick my head in and try to see if she's awake or not... Last night I was afraid to, because if she was awake I'd rather her be happy but resting rather than upset because she saw Mommy. So we'll see.

Then there's our house hunt. The $30k house had some major structural issues, so it's a no-go. We've found something else we like as well, so we might be checking it out. It's a 3 bed, 2 bath, 1296 square foot mobile home on about 2/3 of an acre, zoned for good schools in what seems to be a fairly nice neighborhood. It's a 2001, which means it'll be up to the more current hurricane codes. They're asking $80k, which is a little more than we're in a hurry to pay, but we think we can get them to come down on the price a bit considering the current market. But I've still got a ton of homework to do. We'll see if this is going to be something we can do.

We've also got two tropical storms out there, both of which have the potential to come our way. I've lived here so long now that the prospect really isn't scary anymore, just stressful. There's so much to do when a storm heads your way.

So that's what's going on right now. My friends' parents are both recovering well and getting stronger. I haven't heard from either of them in a few days so I've got some phone calls to make tomorrow, but anyway, I'll update if anything changes.

No comments: