So Christmas is almost here. We've been to NG's family festivities and on Christmas Eve we'll go to mine. Really, my family doesn't do a lot--they just hang out and open presents, and it's just the immediate family. But that's ok--I look forward to it.
Sweet'ums got quite a few cute things. She got MegaBloks, a big teddy bear, a couple baby dolls, some cookies and some candy. She also got a little shape-sorter thing. I'm not sure if I'll let her have it though. It's wooden and has a formaldehyde warning on it, and I'm not sure I like the idea of her playing with a toy we KNOW has formaldehyde in it. Maybe I just worry too much.
Now we've just got to hang in there until Christmas. I hate that NG has to work on Christmas but that's life I guess. I'm kind of dreading Christmas Day because NG's mom has, for the last four years, given us this lecture about how NG's grandmother (who is rather spry, mind you) is at Death's door and might not see next Christmas. I think this is ridiculous as Granny is in better shape this year than she has been the last several and yet, this year, we have AGAIN received the lectures. The difference is this: the last four years I let us be bullied into giving up opportunities to create our own Christmas traditions in favor of his granny. This year I won't. I'm making our own dinner, and we're spending what time we DO have together on Christmas Day as a family, not running all over the county. We'll only have a couple hours together and I refuse to spend it all in the car.
To be fair, we're not going to see my parents on Christmas either. I won't get to see any of my grandparents, and as badly as I want to go see my paternal grandmother, she's 1800 miles away. The day before New Year's Eve is the anniversary of my grandfather's death and I know she wouldn't want to be alone. That's where I'd really like to be, but I can't.
I just wanted to post an update. I'm sorry I don't have anything good up right now--I have a big headache today. Maybe tomorrow. :)
Just in case I don't post again before then, Merry Christmas to you and yours Patty, Ali, Melinda, and Wolfie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment