Saturday, July 17, 2010

Finally, that update I promised

Things are progressing normally around here. Potty training is still a no-go, and she throws a fit when the subject is even brought up. I'm not really sure how to handle it, and I'm really feeling at a loss in this whole situation, but it'll be ok... I hope.

My mom has a little part-time job now in addition to the work she was already doing. My dad is still a lost cause and I'm really beginning to lose hope that he'll ever get off his butt and do something. I don't know if he's depressed or if he's just taking advantage of the knowledge that my mom won't go without just because he's too busy taking naps.

NG and I are hanging in there. Our problems haven't really been resolved yet, but we're having more good days emotionally and that's a start. I'm finding that the more good days I have with Sweet'ums the easier it is to be emotionally available with Nice Guy. I still wish he'd do more of the little things that we women tend to like so much, but he's been trying harder to just be "sweet" so I can't complain. Just a little bit of attention that I didn't ask for still goes a long way towards making me feel loved and appreciated.

That's about all I've got for the moment...

Hope everyone has a great upcoming week!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Hi Victoria!
Sorry you're struggling a bit right now. The potty training will come ... you're best off just forgetting it for a while and trying a little later on. The more you push it, the more she'll resist (I know this from experience!). She'll come around when she's ready. ;0)

I so agree -- little things mean a lot in marriage. ;0)

graywolfie said...

Hey...hang in there for the potty training ya..!

It's tough..I'm still struggling with my girl too..she only pee in the toilet & refuse to poo in the toilet no matter how I try to coax her (only wants her potty)..

But I guess kids will do it when they are ready..

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Hey, Victoria. I think you're taking the right tact on the potty training. To tell you the truth, it has to be important to them for some reason. The problem with me was, it was always more important to me than it was to my son! I had a great pediatrician who said, "I guarantee, he will not go to kindergarten in diapers."

A start is good -- it's great! If he's trying harder to be sweet, that's huge for a man. They just don't think -- and anticipate -- like we do. So that's really good news.

Thanks for your comment about my newsletter. It's hard because with a post, you get comment -- pretty quick feedback. With the newsletter, I'm never quite sure if it helped anyone or not. I appreciate it!! Blessings to you.