Usually it's little things regarding my daughter that make me smile. Tonight, it was something else, and completely unexpected.
When I was pregnant I was down a lot, mostly because a particular friend of mine gave me a really hard time. During one of these down spells another friend of mine, F, sent me a song she said made her smile and that she hoped it would cheer me up. It wasn't a 100% fix, but it really did pick up my spirits (lighting a candle like she suggested took care of the rest!). I listened to it throughout my pregnancy and after Sweet'ums was born, until more recently when my computer began giving us trouble. Ultimately I lost my original copy in the process of having everything repaired.
I listen to music on Pandora.com a lot and I have a station seeded with the song "Mad World" by Gary Jules. It has a rather eclectic bunch of songs that pop up, mostly stuff by groups like the Beetles and this Hawai'ian pop singer who died about ten years ago. Tonight I was listening and to my surprise "Hang On Little Tomato" pops up. It has nothing to do with the style of music that belongs on that station, but it made me so happy! And of course it makes me thankful for the sweet friend who sent it to me in the first place.
So, just in case you folks have never heard it, here's the YouTube of it.
I hope it made someone smile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment