Sunday, September 19, 2010

3

Today, at 11:56 PM, my baby turned 3. Every year so far I've waited up until that moment. I'm not really sure why, except that in some way I feel like it honors her. It's a small thing, but it's mine.

Three years... It's so hard to believe. In some ways it seems impossible to have been such a long time because so much has happened... in other ways it seems to have flown by. Either way, it's been a joy having her in my life and no matter how much easier life might have been if we'd done things differently, there's nothing in the world great enough that would make me trade this time I've had with her.

Happy Birthday, baby.





4 comments:

Ali said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I love you!!!!

Ali

Melinda said...

She is adorable, Victoria! Beautiful girl ... love those eyes! Enjoy her!! This time will go so fast.

Libbie said...

Victoria that is so cute! i love that you wait for that moment! I think it really does honor her ! :) I should look up the times of mine again! I remmeber the first but by the time I had Rocco I can not even remember the day :) Well...not really but you know what I mean.

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday to your little blessing. Wishing you happy memory making!