Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's CRUNCH TIME!!!

So we're officially in counting-down-the-hours territory for Sweet'ums' party and I'm in full panic mode. I've got a lot to do in so little time!

My primary worry is making sure I get the cake done in time. This year I'm making the cake, which is something I haven't done before. I mean, I've made cakes but not with a deadline or for a birthday before. My daughter is hooked on Wonder Pets, and her party is a Wonder Pets party, but the local grocery store doesn't do Wonder Pets cakes...leaving it to Mommy to come up with a solution. Not that she cares, of course, but I figured if we were doing a theme we might as well have a matching cake.

I think the part that has me stressed about getting things done, though, is the fact that NG and I share a vehicle, and he works too far away to justify me taking him to work and keeping the car (that, and I don't want to have to get up at 5 AM to go get him from work!). That means we have to squeeze in as much as we can this afternoon, and then try to get everything else done tomorrow so that Saturday is as free as possible. Mom would help except she's working too, and these are two of her busy days.

So I'm feeling the pressure now. I know everything will be fine--I do this every year, even in years when I'm not baking--but it doesn't stop me from getting a bit stressed.

On the up side, her present has made it to town and now we're just waiting for mail delivery. I'm excited!

No comments: