My birthday ended up being a decent day. Mom's comment ended up being a joke (which reinforces that I'm overly-sensitive!) and when they came to pick Sweet'ums up so she could go to church with them on Sunday they brought a tiny little cake and an Olive Garden gift card. Made me feel special. :) I would rather them save their money and all of us just go out together, but I imagine we could still do that if I played my cards right (used the gift card to pay for them and then me and NG pay for ourselves?).
Then, NG came home with another little cake for me and a card. Yes, I have a fridge FULL of cake. Fortunately they're both small and I shared some with Mom and Dad when we went to pick up Sweet'ums on Sunday night. Hopefully I won't manage to kill myself with a sugar OD anytime this week!
My dear friend also brought me a little something. She picked up some candles for me for my birthday. I love them! There's a couple little votives and one huge candle in a jar that looks sort of like the stacks of a nuclear reactor (that thick, rounded hour-glass type shape). Awesome! She spent the day with me and that was awesome.
Sunday I was sick, which stank. I don't know if it was a 24 hour stomach bug, or mild food poisoning, or what. It was awful. I'm so glad Sweet'ums was with my mom!
I'm recovered now, suffering only occasional wooziness. But now NG is sick with allergies, which is a full-body experience for him, complete with nausea.
In the week ahead we have to prepare for Sweet'ums' birthday party and everything. I ordered her present (which is something I think she'll enjoy--blue to match her leo, and pink because she's a bit of a girlie-girl) and hopefully it'll get here in time. Overall, things are falling into place. I just need NG to make sure for me that everyone knows that the time has changed.
Beyond that, this has been a quiet few days. With any luck the next few nights will fly by and we can get on with our weekend!
Thanks for stopping by this weekend, guys. Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I'm gonna run now--looks like the little lady needs a nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment