Saturday, June 27, 2009

Steak 'n' Potatoes

Today is NG's birthday and Sweet'ums is at my mom's house. Last night was a blast with NG's sister--they didn't leave until almost midnight. And today... Well, for his birthday I'm making steak, potatoes, conk peas, and we have a little birthday cake (like the smash cakes for babies) for us. His cousin will probably be over later, so I'll be fixing for him too. It's BYOS night--bring your own steak.

My house looks like a completely different place. The playpen we were using as a baby gate is no longer in the living room. I cleaned it out and packed it up and it's ready for a trip to whichever-family-member-gets-pregnant-next's house. The kitchen looks much larger without the old table and now my living room is reclaimed. Sweet'ums won't know what to do with herself when she gets home. Tomorrow I'm dedicating myself to working in her room. I've really got to get it straightened up so she can play in there.

In an effort to make tomorrow's supper easier, I'm making an extra batch of mashed potatoes tonight so I can make shepherd's pie tomorrow. I'll probably brown my hamburger for the week tonight before I go to bed, so that way the rest of the week is already half taken care of (when we're low on funds, we tend to make easy meals that use hamburger, because I can get it cheap in bulk). So far it looks like we're having sheperd's pie tomorrow night, leftovers Monday night, spaghetti on Tuesday, and either leftovers or homemade soup on Wednesday. Thursday is pay day so usually it's New Menu day too, so I'll worry about it later.

That's all the newness for now. Talk to everyone later.

No comments: