We've all been sick this past week. NG and I both had some sort of stomach bug, which wasn't fun but really didn't last too long. We're still tired and a bit weak but we're back to our old routines.
Sweet'ums popped a fever early-early yesterday morning of 102. She hadn't really been acting like herself the evening before, and we should have seen it coming. Problem was that she was showing no other symptoms besides the fever. We took her to the doctor, who said that it was some kind of infection that probably hadn't really set in yet. No signs of anything wrong with her throat, ears, chest, or stomach. The doctor gave us a prescription to help take care of a little rash that has persisted on her belly, but that's unrelated to her being sick. Her fever broke sometime during the night and she's been fever-free so far today, but she's acting more sick today than yesterday. Ornery, yet cuddly. Nothing makes her happy, but darn it, she's not getting out of Mommy's lap for anything other than to go grab her sippy cup. We've spent the last three days doing nothing but keeping her sippy cup full and watching Disney On Demand.
I love my job.
I hate so much that she's not feeling good but I love the chance to be needed and even wanted (usually her daddy is her preferred buddy). I love the opportunity to cuddle with her all day, just for once, and watch the same couple episodes of Handy Manny over and over again. I love sitting with her, watching her rock back and forth singing the intro and end songs to Little Einsteins.
Yep, that's my girl. And I love those moments.
We're all tired and none of us are really feeling good again yet. But we're getting there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, there is something really nice about being needed.
Just remember those long Disney on Demand/sippy cup afternoons when she's 14, hormonal, and has a mind of her own. She won't say she needs you, but she does!
Your long week reminds me of our "Spotted Dotted Summer." All four of the boys had chicken pox, one after the other! Have a great weekend.
Awww... I'm so sorry she's sick, but yes, enjoy that cuddle time. I remember one time when Molly was about 2 and she was so sick. One day all I did was just hold her on my lap, rub her back and stroke her hair. It's one of my sweetest memories from her childhood.
Hope everyone is feeling better soon! ;0)
Post a Comment