
I can't declare last week's goal a complete success, but it was a definite improvement. There was far less soda consumed, and I tried hard to limit mine to diet when I could. Not that diet soda is really any better nutritionally, but it's a step in the right direction. Our snack habits are gradually improving, but not because we're really eating better things: we simply haven't snacked as much. I've got a recipe for granola I want to try out this weekend, plenty of yogurt and a can of peanuts, and hopefully I can keep the munchies at bay.
The Nice Guy has gone back to work so I can get back to our normal way of life, and implementing these things should be easier... At least on my end. I thrive on routine, and even though the nature of his job keeps us from having real routines around here, having him back at work at least returns a sense of normality to the household. The only tough part is my cravings for comfort foods during his night shift.
My new goal for the week is to find a good, healthy recipe that I can make for myself and Sweet'ums for nights when her daddy is working. It has to be something healthy, easy, child-friendly, and quick, since two year olds can be fairly time-consuming and demanding. I'm going to try to find a recipe tonight that looks promising, and I'll try it out tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone working on this endeavor.
1 comment:
Keep it up..! I'm sure u'll be glad to know that u're serving health food to ur family..
Post a Comment