Friday, September 17, 2010

Oh Boy

I over-did it. BIG time.

I spent my night last night (and when I say night, I mean from the time Sweet'ums went to bed at 10 until I went to bed about about 3:30) baking. I made a two layer 9" cake and a two layer 12" cake. Prep took quite some time since I had to make it in batches--I wasn't sure exactly how much I'd need and some recipes don't double well, so I figured it would be best to stick to the recipe as it was. Then, I only have one 12" cake pan, so I had to wait the 45 minutes it took the first one to bake and then the 15 minutes to cool it enough to get it out of the pan before I could start my next one. I tried washing things as I went, which was a big waste of time too. Towards the end I went ahead and trimmed the cakes I had done so it would be one less thing to do today. There was some wasted time in the midst of it all, but for the most part it was just one big baking marathon.

Hopefully, if I do this right, the end result will be a double-layer two-tiered Wonder Pets cake. I'm only making such a big cake because Ricky's family likes to eat, and every year I run it close on cake.

I had trouble sleeping last night once I went to bed, and every time I'd wake I'd have trouble falling back to sleep. This morning my shoulders ache badly, I think from holding the mixer. My hand and wrist ache too but again, I think it's the mixer--the vibrations from it always bother me. And I still have to ice and decorate the things!

Once I get them done I'll post pictures. You better believe I'm proud of this monstrosity!

2 comments:

Graywolfie said...

Oh wow..! Looking forward to the pictures of the cake..
Happy Birthday to ur girl..!!

Libbie said...

All that work was worth it! :) But man...it does sound like A LOT of work :)