So I totally didn't win (or even come close lol) in that cupcake contest. That's okay though. My hubby is such a nice guy. He felt like since I worked hard I deserved a little something and so while he was out today he picked me up these. I like them! I've wanted a good set for a while now (you know, at least something better than my $4 Walmart set) and while they are definitely lacking in the cuteness department, they are exactly what I've been looking for. And as far as cuteness goes, they do have a little going for them: there's four spice spoons for measuring smidgen, tad, dash, and pinch. How cute is that? If I had the cash I'd totally get a set for everyone who was in the contest, just because I'm happy he got them for me and I'd love to make someone's day. :)
Today we also started a diet. The endocrinologist keeps recommending South Beach to me so that's what we're doing, at least for now. It's been about eleven hours since my last carbs and I'm already on the brink of insanity.
Anyone got any chocolate they can sneak me?
So this weekend Sweet'ums is going to Mom's and that keeps me from snapping at her all weekend while I go through carb detox. I'm really scared of this process and a few times have felt like I was having mild panic attacks but I'll survive. I'm having to fight off the urge to turn the house upside down to look for something sweet but if I can manage to keep it together at least through tomorrow I should start feeling better.
Nice Guy did Atkins (well, his own version of Atkins) a few years ago and dropped seventeen pounds in two weeks, and almost 70lbs in two months. I'm not hoping for THOSE kinds of results but wow, could you imagine? If I lost 70lbs I'd be down to 125lbs and well below my "happy weight". I'd be well within range to try pregnancy again (if we decided to) and I'd be back in "skinny range" for me, although I don't really look skinny even at my smallest thanks to my bone structure. At 125lbs my wedding dress would probably hang off me, and my actual goal is to fit into the wedding dress I own but never got to wear (thanks to sudden, massive, and unexpected weight gain).
So tomorrow I'll measure myself and that way I've got two places I can see results. You ready for this, girls? I'm not. I'm scared silly. But I have to do something.
And as awful as it sounds, I'm glad my sweetie is the man behind all of this. If I were doing this on my own I'd blame me, "Self", and "Self" is easily overcome by going and finding something tasty. If he's the man withholding the goodies, I can blame him, and he won't be overcome by my weakness. He knows this is good for me and he's willing to take the blame if it helps me be healthier and get through this.
So I'm off to try not to cry now. Hope everyone has a good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment