Thursday, May 28, 2009

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Tiny Bit Concerned

My hubby is being nice. Really nice. I mean, not throwing-up-red-flags-cause-he-might-be-cheating kind of nice, but maybe-he-did-something-he-shouldn't-have kind of nice. You know, reading my diary, accidentally bleaching my favorite/only pair of jeans, that sort of nice. The I-hope-I-can-butter-her-up-before-she-finds-my-oops nice. Or, maybe I'm just paranoid.

He called me tonight and asked how my appointment went (I didn't get home till after he left for work). Then he told me he wanted to take me to the movies this weekend (not so suspicious in and of itself... UP is coming out and we wanted to see it). Then, he said he wished we weren't so pressed for time tomorrow (it's Mom's graduation) or he'd take me to the Big Mall and get me a Chocolixir from the Godiva Chocolate shop. I asked what brought on the sudden sweetness, and he told me it was nothing, really. Then he said the terrifying words... "It's nothing bad... We'll talk about it later."

Ok, so that might not mean anything at all. He might have heard some sappy song on the radio (heaven only knows I like enough of them) that got him in a sweet mood. Maybe his parents are fighting again... That always makes him try harder to show his appreciation of me. Maybe it's simply linked to his realization the other day that he handles his unhappiness at work the same way his dad does--by losing himself in his own little world and blocking out his family.

Or, maybe he did something dumb. He's got his vices--nothing serious, really, just things that make me insecure. He's made huge progress being sensitive to my insecurities since we've been married and has worked on his vices... and I'm eternally thankful for his efforts and try not to get angry when he slips up. But the fact that he has slipped up in the past makes me very aware of the signs... One of which is an effort to show me how much he appreciates and loves me.

We've had a lot of money problems lately and those problems have meant that he hasn't been able to follow through on all of his promises or do all the things he's wanted to do for me for holidays and such. I think that all this is is his way of trying to be appreciative, but being who I am, I tend to be a little suspicious.

So thanks for listening to my rambles... I'll be back again soon, maybe with pics of Mom's graduation.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Tell your mom congrats!!!! we are all in her cheering section up here!! oh i got my car back and got a new job!!