Things are hard lately. I won't go into all of it, except to say that life sucks, money sucks worse, and our luck sucks worst of all. I wish I had answers.
On the up side, Sweet'ums impressed me tonight. I decided that with money being like it is I really need to work on getting her out of diapers, so I let her go "natural" tonight. I expected her to have at least one accident, because she's not good at letting me know she needs to go yet, so I was prepared to clean up messes. First I noticed a tiny sprinkle on the floor, but no puddle... She'd been laughing and I thought maybe she'd lost a little control. It wasn't much of anything so I didn't worry about it. Then, a while later, I noticed a little dampness on her legs, so I rushed her to her potty hoping to have headed off a puddle on the floor. Sure enough, she went big girl potty. So I cheered for her and made a big deal of it, and took her to the bathroom so we could say bye-bye to her pee (silly, I know, but she loves it). So a while later we were just sitting around, and next thing I know she's making a bee-line for her potty. While she's sitting there I noticed dampness on her leg again, so I hunted for a puddle and couldn't find one. I think she must have felt herself lose a little, and knew what was happening, and ran to her potty. And I'm so proud of her! She went big-girl potty all on her own! We made a big deal over it and said bye-bye to it, but by then it was almost time for bed so we had to wrap things up for the night.
So I'm really proud of my kiddo. And I miss my hubby (he's working) even though things are hard right now.
Oh, and I almost forgot. I actually got to spend time with my little brother the other day! It was really nice. We didn't do a lot, just sat and chatted, but it was great to spend time with him again.
I guess that's it for now. Talk to you later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment