I went today to have my hands looked at again. He's backing off of the RA diagnosis because there's nothing definitive in my bloodwork (despite family history and the obvious signs of arthritis in my poor hands) but he did say he thinks it's the early stages of arthritis, which, of course, is not unheard of at my age. Now he's calling it early stage inflammatory arthritis--what the difference is, I have no idea.
So we got home from that to find out my MIL called the house about five times while we were gone (only about half an hour) and that when my mom answered (she was watching Sweet'ums) my MIL very curtly asked to have NG call back. When NG called back he got some unpleasant news.
His grandmother has what appears to be bone cancer.
I'm exhausted and don't plan on being here long tonight so I won't go into details, but it explains some things we've been wondering about. It's Stage 4--almost Stage 5--and she's got a broken femur, and they seem to have no idea what to do.
So I've got a grieving hubby and sore hands and another appointment tomorrow, with my ENT this time. Hopefully it'll be a quick, in-and-out, "you're doing well" kind of visit. It's over an hour drive to get there but I really hate the appointments that don't go so well.
That's what my week is looking like. Keep us in your prayers.
When it rains, it pours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope all is well at ur side..
Post a Comment